Its name is HoBootleg, it’s the bicycle that didn’t exist. The HoBootleg of today has 24,000km of competition and development within its wheels, including two Tours d’Afrique. These epic adventures across all types of terrain helped to shape and inspire the unique characteristics of the HoBootleg: strength, comfort, lightness, perfecting a fine blend of cyclocross and touring machine.
The HoBootleg will take you wherever you want to go, without paying for a ticket.
The frame and fork are constructed from Columbus triple butted Cromor steel with a special protective paint treatment inside and outside the tubes for total protection against corrosion & extreme reliability. Cromor is a triple-butted tubeset, thicker and tougher on the edges, thinner and lighter in the central areas.
Clearance for mudguards and tyres up to 42mm will allow you to tackle any terrain with confidence. The Shimano Deore 9-speed groupset will help you easily overcome the steepest climbs.
During adventure you must expect the unexpected! That’s why we designed all the parts and components in order to be replaceable! A non-integrated 1-1/8′ headset ensures the maximum interchangeability as well as the non-integrated seat-clamp does. Never stop even if you get a wheel damaged! An additional-spoke holder is integrated on the right chainstay of the frame also performing as chainstay protection.
The frame features three sets of bottle cage bosses, meaning you will always have adequate hydration at hand.
The world famous, extra strong TUBUS racks can carry up to 40kg of luggage in the rear and 18kg in the front. The reinforced blades of the fork ensure total reliability even while riding with two heavy frontal travel-bags.
‘Ergo Steering Stop’ is a special headset-block, which prevents the handlebar knocking on the top-tube during on-shoulder bike-transportation. All the mechanical cable-activated devices (brakes, derailleur and shifter) have a unique full-wiring cable-routing system, dust & water proof: no compromise for the performance of these important devices.
Included accessories: TUBUS Front & Rear racks, front & rear mudguards, two spare spokes.
- SIZES XS (46), S (49), M (53), L (56), XL (59), XXL (61)
- FRAME Columbus Cromor triple butted steel
- FORK Cineli Chromalloy steel 1-1/8′
- HEADSET Tange ER2
- BOTTOM BRACKET BSA
- SEATPOST Cinelli Bootleg 27.2mm
- BAR/STEM Cinelli Bootleg
- DERAILLEURS front: Shimano Sora, rear: Shimano Deore
- CHAINSET FSA Alpha Drive Trekking 26/36/48T 170/175mm
- CASSETTE Shimano CS-HG50 11/34T 9-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS/BRAKES Microshift BS-T09/Tektro 992AG Cantilever
- SADDLE Selle San Marco Ischia Bootleg Custom
- PEDALS Wellgo
- WHEELSET ALEX rims DA16 with Shimano Sora Hubs (26′ wheels on XS size bike)
- TYRES Vittoria Randonneur Trail 700×38
- COMPLETE BIKE WEIGHT 12.6kg
Wheel size is 26″ for Extra Small(46cm) size only