The Strato’s monocoque construction from Columbus Aeronautical grade High Modulus carbon fibre makes the frame lightweight at only 980g. The rounded profile square tubing is exclusive to this model. The cable routing is completely internal and integrated for both electronic and mechanical groupsets, with special Teflon tubes that ensure smooth cable action, all while improving the aerodynamics and the aesthetics of the bicycle.
Elements of the Strato’s geometry have been especially tailored to improve responsiveness, including the reactive seat tube and hi-cornering raised bottom bracket angles. Internal aluminium reinforcements and an oversized Press Fit 86.5mm bottom bracket increase the lateral stiffness of the frame, improving pedalling efficiency and power transfer.
If pure speed is your desire, this stiff and fast bike will cast you off into the Stratosphere. The Strato is ideal for adrenalin-charged races and criterium events.
Continuous Stiff Stays The monocoque frame is made of Columbus Aeronautical grade high modulus carbon fibre, which is extremely lightweight, and has unsurpassed reliability. This material is now improved by the reinvented Continuous Stiff Stays (CSS) concept of the rear triangle, to maximise its rigidity.
Reactive Angles The rear stays have been redesigned to shorten the wheelbase and increase the seat and head tube angles. The bottom bracket height has also been raised a few crucial millimetres to obtain a frame suitable for circuit and criterium races, where responsiveness and speed are vital. The reactive angles on this frame are the key to its explosive acceleration.
1.5” Megahead The Columbus FEL carbon monocoque fork with 1.5” tapered steering tube and straight blades allows for precise control and sharp steering at high speeds along with unmatched reactivity when changing direction.
Ideal also for criteriums, circuit races, as well as Guinness World Record attempts.
- Sizes: XS (46), S (48), M (51), L (54), XL (57)
- Frame: COLUMBUS Carbon High Modulus Monocoque
- Fork: COLUMBUS FEL 1-1/8” to 1-1/2” Carbon Monocoque
- Headset: Columbus Compass Carbon 1-1/2” (included)
- Bottom Bracket: Press Fit 86.5mm x 41mm
- Cable Routing: Internal, electronic compatible
- Front Derailleur: Braze-on
- Seatpost Diameter: 31.6mm
- Seatclamp: 34.9mm (included)
- Tyre Clearance: Max 700×25
- Frame Weight: 980g
- Fork Weight: 350g
- Components: Campagnolo Potenza/Miche
- Saddle: Selle Italia X1 Flow
- Bar/Stem/Seatpost: Cinelli DNA
- Wheelset: Miche Altur
- Tyres: Vittoria Zaffiro 700×25